Every cell in the human body needs magnesium to function. It is a mineral that many people are deficient. Taking Raw Sport’s magnesium3 On a daily basis will ensure you are getting enough magnesium for your body to function at its best. One of Magnesium’s most important roles is to act as a cofactor-helper molecule- in the biological reactions continuously performed by enzymes. It’s involved in more than 600 reactions in the body that include:
- Energy Creation- Converting food into energy
- Protein formation- Creating new proteins from amino acids
- Gene maintenance- Creates and repairs DNA & RNA
- Muscle movement- Involved in muscle contraction & relaxation
- Nervous system regulation- Involved in regulating neurotransmitters, which send messages to the brain and nervous system.
Magnesium and a healthy heart
Magnesium is crucial for the function of muscles, with the heart being one of the most important muscles in the human body. Magnesium is important for maintaining a healthy heartbeat. It competes with calcium, which is essential for generating heart contractions. When calcium enters your heart muscle cells, it stimulates the muscle fibres to contract. Magnesium counters this effect, helping the cells to relax. When magnesium levels are low, calcium can over stimulate heart muscle cells, which can result in a rapid or irregular heartbeat. In addition, the sodium potassium pump, which generates electrical impulses, requires magnesium for proper function. Certain electrical impulses can affect the heartbeat.