Nootrophic ingredients enhance brain function by influencing the following pathways
- Neurotransmitters – Optimising the production of neurotransmitters, which inhibits chemical breakdown in the brain, helping to sharpen receptor sensitivity.
- Brain blood flow –Selected Ingredients that help vasodilation of blood vessels, facilitating an increase of oxygen and nutrient delivery to the brain.
- Brain energy – Improves mitochondrial efficiency and fuel delivery.
- Protection – Helping to increase resistance to stress and harmful compounds such as free radicals.
- Regeneration – Repair and maintain brain cells and promote brain plasticity.
- Brain waves – adjust frequencies to achieve the desired cognitive state.
Increase Mental Energy
Nootropics optimise the way brain cells use energy and increase glucose and oxygen supplies. As a result, the brain receives more fuel and uses it more efficiently. Nootrophics increases alertness, quick thinking, and mental agility without the side effect associated with stimulants. High stress loads deplete mental energy, placing a significant demand on energy resources. Even at resting state, 20% of the body’s energy is used by the brain.